So the time has finally come for your try on appointment, we are so excited for you! We bet you are almost bursting at the seems with anticipation and expectations. We know that with all this excitement also might come some nerves, which is completely normal. We have put together a list of some tried and true tips for you to read before you visit your bridal shop of choice.
- Bring some inspiration. Build a Pintrest board, rip out magazine pictures, snap some photos of gowns you like. Make sure to show these all to the consultant you will be working with so that she can pull some gowns that might interest you.
- Be adventurous! Just because you try on a gown does not mean you need to buy it, so try on all different styles and fits.
- Involve your audience. Ask those you brought along with you what they think of the dresses you are trying on. But remember that at the end of the day you must choose a dress that you love and you are not bound to buy something that everyone loves.
- Walk around. Take a stroll through the salon to make sure you can walk in whatever gowns are your front runners. You will be doing a lot of walking on the day of so you want to be positive you can walk in the dress.
- Sit down. To go with the previous point, make sure you can sit in the dress. Yes, the sample may feel a bit tight but ensure that you can sit in the darn thing.
Your shopping trip will be one of the most fun things that you do along your wedding planning journey so make the most out of it. If you are not ready to buy at the end of your appointment that is totally okay. Sometimes the best decisions are made after a good nights sleep, so take some time to think about it if you need to. You do not need to shop til’ you drop!
Happy wedding dress shopping belles!